Ready Room Briefings #01: CloudSecurity
The Mainland Advanced Research Society (MARS) is starting a new security focused knowledge sharing event.
Join me on May 19 with panelists Jake King (HootSuite), Ryan Wilson (Medeo / Kubera), Kris Constable (ProvaSecTec / NXT Level You) and our moderator, Alex Dow (MARS / AJS Networks)
What are Ready Room Briefings?
Over the past three years The Mainland Advanced Research Society (MARS) has hosted monthly VanCitySec pub nights, Hacker: Socials and BSides security conferences; in an effort to grow the local information security community and share knowledge. Over the years several community members have expressed interest in more knowledge sharing events and we listened!
Ready Room Briefings are casual evening events for professionals who want to network, exchange knowledge and learn about current trends and challenges within the information security space. Content will be non-commercial curated topics aligning to the current threat landscape and relevant for engineers and management alike. Our goal is to leverage our community’s experience, research and lesson’s learned to enable your security operations team with actionable intelligence. Why? Because we know our adversaries are…
Ready Room Briefing #01
- A Recent Breach – What we know, what we don’t know, what can we learn?
- Current Affairs
Panel: Cloud Security
Leveraging cloud solutions for your business can offer some great opportunities for your business but can also introduce risk. For our inaugural Ready Room Briefing, we have brought together four local security professionals to discuss the advantages and challenges of leveraging cloud services.
- Success stories with using the cloud
- Security myths and facts with IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Legal and regulatory issues with cloud services
- Incident handling and the cloud
- Jake King – HootSuite
- Ryan Wilson – Founder of Medeo and Kubera Payment Systems
- Ruan Müller – MARS, FireEye
- Kris Constable – PrivaSecTech and NXT Level You
- Alex Dow – MARS, AJS Networks Inc. (Moderator)
Ready Room Briefings: Schedule
- 6PM – Social Hour
- 7PM – Briefings
- 730PM – Panel Discussion: Cloud Security
- Global Relay has generously donated their space for us to host this event and B33R!
- Snacks will be provided as well!
- We have very limited seating of 30 attendees, this event will sell out
- Attendees should arrive promptly as access into the building will be restricted after 630PM
- THERE WILL BE NO WALK-INS ALLOWED