Ready Room Briefings has teamed up with the Vancouver Entrepreneur Forum to deliver a special edition of our monthly speaking series.
Last fall, you were more than likely affected by the largest cyberattack in history against the Internet. The tool responsible for the attacks was prophetically called “Mirai” or Japanese for “The Future” and was responsible for knocking offline thousands of websites including Amazon, Netflix, Twitter, CNN, The Guardian, Visa, Slack and Github.
The attacker’s weapons of choice? Your technology.
Ready Room Briefings: Schedule
- 5PM – Social Hour
- 6PM – IoT Cybersecurity Panel Discussion
- 8PM – Social Hour
Toufic Boubez, VP Engineering, Machine Learning, Splunk
Adam Shostack, Founder, Confidenza Security
Richard Henderson, Global Security Strategist, Absolute Software
Ryan Wilson, CTO, Kubera Payments
Alex Dow, President of The Mainland Advanced Research Society (moderator)
- This event is held at VEF’s venue: VIFF Theatre
- VEF is a prominent member of the local technology and entrepreneurial community, this event will be an excellent opportunity for networking
- VEF events are typically $55 to attend, we have negotiated a steeply discounted rate of $20 for our community members
- Snacks will be provider, however we do not have a b33r sponsor this round
- Walk-ins are allowed but will not have our community member discount